People who use your on-site search are demonstrating their intent to purchase. They are looking for something specific, and expect relevant results when using search. Is your search able to deliver?
In working with a variety of eCommerce companies using different types of search platforms, we’ve seen some key issues that your current analytics tools may not be telling you about.
- Tail queries, which may seem unimportant on a case-by-case basis, but in aggregate could add up to almost half of your total queries
- Presentation, including the use of quality images, descriptive titles and price consistency
- Not everyone is shopping; customers could be searching for business information, and your search should be designed to handle those requests
- Irrelevant results, which can be hard to identify, but very frustrating for customers
- Mobile search, which is different from searches entered on desktops
Read more about these issues in our new whitepaper, and learn how to improve your search today, using the platform you already have.