Maximize Conversion by Fine-Tuning Search Relevance
Optimized on-site search is key to conversion
Your on-site search is where customers tell you exactly what they are looking for, so it’s critical to provide them with the most relevant search results. Up to 80% of your visitors will use your on-site search to assist with their purchases*. And these users convert 1.7 times more frequently than those not using search.** But if your search results aren’t optimized to deliver relevant results, visitors are more likely to leave your site.
Your current analytics tools provide you with a high level view of your on-site search capability, but this isn’t enough to really know where to focus your efforts to make your results as relevant as possible. To increase your conversion rate in a meaningful way, you need to quickly identify where your on-site search is leading to shopper abandonment. Read our whitepaper to discover the 5 overlooked search engine issues that steal your sales.
Appen can help
Our Search Relevance Diagnostics Dashboard quantifies your search relevance – something that no other web analytics tool does today. It uses the search engine you already have to pinpoint key areas for improvement in your on-site search. These include:
- Quality of search results vs search intent
- Percentage of high converting queries
- Specific images, titles and descriptions that are blocking conversion
- Search engine comprehension of natural language, a growing trend with mobile users
- And much more
What this means for your business
With deeper visibility into how your on-site search is performing, you will be able to:
- Build a business case for search enhancements with estimates on the revenue opportunity associated with making specific improvements
- Increase conversion by understanding how to get consumers to the ideal product page with as few clicks as possible
- Monitor progress over time with the Appen Score, a benchmark that can show improvement in search relevance and how you’re performing against your competitors so you stay one step ahead of them
Maximize your current on-site search investment
Train your existing search engine to serve better results and convert visitors into buyers. Let us show you how to make your search results hyper-relevant with the search engine you already have.
Learn more about how clients like Microsoft Bing depend on Appen to ensure their search experience is continually optimized.
*Nielsen Norman Group
**eConsultancy 2013, “Is site search less important for niche retailers?”