Recruiting Scam Awareness
- We will never ask you to send money to apply or start a job with us. We will also never send a check in advance. Please do not deposit a check from a third party before you have started the project.
- We will never ask you to send personal identifiable information outside of our secure job site, Appen Connect.
- We will only contact you with a @appen.com email address.
- We do not use other forms of communication (ie. WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts). Please confirm any virtual meeting invites are from a @appen.com email address.
- All job applications should be submitted through our Jobs page to the applicable site.
If you have been approached by a scam or feel you have been scammed, there are a few resources for you.
For the United States, the Federal Trade Commission provides consumers with information on how to avoid being scammed online and what to do if you feel you have been scammed. You should report the crime through the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center and with your local law enforcement. The ICCC is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center.
For European Nations, Europol provides a list of reporting websites by country. If there is not a dedicated resource, please contact to your local police station to report.
For Australia, the Australian Cyber Security Centre providers consumers with information on how to report cybercrimes.
For China, The 12321 Network Badge and Spam Report Acceptance Center is a dedicated resource to file complaints.
For Asia, South America and Africa, please contact your local police station to file a report. They will contact Interpol to report the cybercrime internationally.