In working with a variety of eCommerce companies using different types of search platforms, we’ve seen some key issues that your current analytics tools may not be telling you about, and site search best practices that will improve your eCommerce conversion rate.
Common issues or areas where eCommerce site search functionality falls short include:
- Tail queries may seem unimportant on a case-by-case basis, but in aggregate could add up to almost half of your total queries
- Presentation including the use of quality images, descriptive titles and price consistency
- Not everyone is shopping; customers could be searching for business information, and your search should be designed to handle those requests
- Irrelevant results can be hard to identify, but very frustrating for customers
- Mobile search which is different from searches entered on desktops
Download our free white paper and learn how to improve your eCommerce conversion rate.