Appen is a leading digital, audio and video transcription specialist offering a range of transcription and recording services. We offer particular expertise for secure transcription solutions and guarantee a professional and friendly service from our offices in Exeter
Clients from both the commercial and public sectors trust Appen. We provide a full range of secure transcription services to government agencies, police forces, coroners, the legal profession, FTSE 100 companies as well as SMEs.
Our team of expert transcribers operate under a strict confidentiality agreement to ensure your data is in safe hands. Our security best practices are ISO 27001 certified and we hold the Cyber Essentials certification as further independent assurance.
Through our ISO 9001 certification you know that our transcription services will always be of a consistently high standard. ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognised quality management standard and it underpins all our quality assurance and compliance procedures.
That certification recognises our commitment to continuous improvement, enhancing customer satisfaction and providing a service that meets all statutory and regulatory requirements.
We take security and confidentiality very seriously here at Appen: they are in our company DNA.
We understand that the security of data is paramount when organisations and companies outsource their confidential transcription and business support services – so our ethos is to provide both a high-security and high-quality professional service.
We do not compromise on this and we are proud that security and quality are at the heart of what we do.
Secure Services include:
- Security cleared staff
- Highly secure in-house facilities
ISO 27001 certification
Our security best practices are ISO 27001 certified so you can be confident that your data is in safe hands.
ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. The ISO 27001 sets the industry standards for information security management systems across the world.
We hold this certificate as further independent assurance that we have the appropriate levels of protection in place.
Current customers who trust us to transcribe highly confidential and sensitive information include UK central government agencies, police forces, local authorities, solicitors, coroners and local and national businesses.
Our transcription services are used for investigative interviews, PACE/ABE interviews, inquests, formal company meetings, grievance and disciplinary hearings, tribunals, focus groups and other events. We create accurate time-coded transcripts from a wide variety of digital and analogue media including body worn video.
Our full verbatim service includes every word and sound uttered, but if you want a more readable transcript, opt for intelligent verbatim. This style is true to the voice and intended meaning of the speakers, while omitting fillers (ums, ahs, ers etc) so it captures what is said rather than how it was said.
We can also include non-verbal communication within transcripts from video recordings. For example, movement and gestures.
Current customers who trust us to transcribe highly confidential and sensitive information include commercial customers, UK central and local government agencies, police forces, and coroners. In addition, in-house corporate legal teams, HR and employee relations departments as well as Investor Relations teams all have regular transcription requirements.
Transcription services include:
- Choice of turnaround times, including our premium 24-hour delivery
- Choice of security levels
- Expertise for accents, dialects and covert recordings
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Cost effective price options depending on delivery turnaround times
We provide a range of note taking services that are discreet and reliable, allowing you to focus fully on your meeting. Our professional note takers can attend your meeting in person or join remotely via “dial-in” and produce an impartial and accurate record of what was discussed. Our note taking services are used by HR and employee relations teams as well as organisations holding public forums or consultation meetings with Q&A sessions. Note taking services can be used in situations where audio recordings are not possible or not permitted.
Note taking services include:
Recording and Transcription
Our team of experienced recording technicians can capture high-quality audio using professional recording equipment onsite at your location of choice.
This service is designed for formal proceedings, meetings, interviews or any other event for which you need a recording and log of what has been said and by whom. This specialist audio service is used by organisations throughout the UK, including Coroner’s Inquests, Inquiries and legal meetings.
We can provide a copy of the recording and a searchable log of speakers containing timings and text for future reference. You may, of course, wish to also use our transcription service to obtain a high-quality transcript of your recording, which we can provide according to a variety of turnaround times, including same day.
We provide a copy typing and data entry service, which can help free up time and resources, and helps to improve efficiency.
Our in-house and freelance typists can work from both printed and handwritten text, and will format the finished document to your exact formatting specifications.
You can also send existing documents for our proofreading and summarisation service. We’ll correct spelling and grammar errors where necessary, and can shorten lengthy or repetitive text into more digestible, user-friendly documents.
Current customers who send us their copy typing business include local authorities who send us their case notes to be typed up.
This service provides an edited summary of a full, verbatim transcript or other documents. Our summary services create a concise, relevant and accurate document, saving hours of time for busy professionals. The end product is a shorter, more manageable, document for many routine business scenarios as well as formal, regulated evidential summary requirements.
On average, a summary will produce around 40% fewer pages of text, but still capture the important points and messages. Our summaries can be tailored to your length and style requirements.
Clients who use this service on a regular basis include police forces (for PACE regulated interviews and investigations), solicitors, government agencies, local authorities and HR teams.
- ‘[They] have always delivered excellent customer service. All my queries are dealt with efficiently and quickly whether by e-mail or phone. The staff are friendly and approachable and nothing is too much trouble.’Mary O’Ryan, Court Clerk, Bristol Crown Court
- ‘Thank you so much – I have to say that your service is super efficient and very reliable and I always come to you. ‘Julie Buckley, Solicitor, Cornwall Council
- ‘The company has provided an excellent service with a high standard of transcribing and fast turnaround. They have also completed inquest reports as a matter of urgency when requested to do so.’Michael Whitcombe, Coroner’s Admin and Court Manager, Area of Avon
- ‘Your company is clearly one of the leading transcription service providers for law enforcement. Our particular fraud investigations have involved very complicated interviews sometimes lasting many hours but your transcribers never get bored or lose interest. Whether the result is a full transcript or a Record of Taped Interview the product is always accurate.’Glenn Wicks, Deputy Chief Investigation Officer, Insolvency Service Criminal Investigation Team, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- ‘We were delighted with the service that we received from Appen. The team there supported us with a research project in which we needed to transcribe a large volume of confidential interview data. We found them extremely efficient and helpful whenever we had queries, and they offered useful feedback on the quality of audio-recordings so that we were able to work with them to try and ensure that high quality material was produced. In addition to being very helpful, we found the staff to be courteous, professional and responsive.’Sarah-Jane Fenton, Mental Health and Wellbeing Unit, University of Warwick Medical School
Start improving your data today
Let’s discuss your specific business challenges, and how we can help with our high-quality data. Tell us what you need and we’ll design a customized approach for you.
Rockeagle House, Pynes Hill
Exeter, EX2 5AZ, Devon
+44 1392 213 958