Appen provides high-quality training data
to improve machine learning at scale
Put AI to work for your business
Create artificial intelligence solutions that work by using the right data.
Better data, better products
Improve personalization and user experience for eCommerce, search, voice recognition, social and more.
Training data for machine learning
Annotation, collection, evaluation, transcription and translation of any data type or language.
The Appen difference
Trusted by 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies
With a crowd of 1,000,000+ people in over 130 countries working in more than 180 languages and dialects, we help ramp up resources so our clients get the training data they need for machine learning and AI.
We’ve built a strong reputation as a provider of high-quality datasets that meet the specific needs of our clients and fuel their machine learning and artificial intelligence initiatives.
With over 20 years of experience working with global firms in multiple industries, Appen has a proven track record of providing the large datasets and quality of training data our clients need to succeed.
- “The relationship we have with Appen makes all the difference to our success. The Appen team is a part of our team and is just as committed to quality as we are. It’s the type of dynamic you don’t find every day.”
- “We had strict quality standards that needed to be implemented. This required close collaboration. The Appen team partnered with us to develop task guidelines and quality management plans. They quickly ramped the number of participants needed to meet daily and weekly data demands. Their effectiveness ensured the success of this project.”
- “We needed to offer consumers more personalization on our site. Partnering with Appen allowed us to collect high-quality training data for our machine learning model, which refined our algorithm much more quickly and consistently than we’ve been able to in the past.”
Computer Vision vs. Machine Vision — What’s the Difference?
Artificial Intelligence is an umbrella term that covers several specific technologies. In this post, we will explore machine vision (MV) and computer vision (CV). They both involve the ingestion and interpretation of visual inputs, so it’s important to understand the strengths, limitations, and best use case scenarios of these overlapping technologies. Researchers began developing computer-enabled vision technologies as early as …
How Deep Learning is Transforming the Insurance Industry
Last week I attended the Deep Learning Finance conference organized by RE•WORK. As the event was smaller compared to many AI conferences I have attended, it had a more casual vibe which allowed for more open conversations about how people are using AI, some of their data challenges, and their overall goals. The insurance industry is transforming through the use …
RE·WORK’s Q&A with Wilson Pang, CTO of Appen
This week, Appen is exhibiting at RE•WORK’s Deep Learning in Finance Summit in London. The summit helps business leaders, data scientists, and engineers discover advances in AI & machine learning tools and techniques from the world’s leading innovators across the financial sector. RE•WORK spoke with Appen CTO Wilson Pang to learn about his current work, the challenges of implementing AI, …
Appen at a glance
- Experience working in
- Expertise in 180+ languages
Get the full list
- 20+ years working with leading global technology companies
- Access to a curated crowdof over 1,000,000flexible workers worldwide
- More than 3 billion
judgments made and 500,000 hours of audio processed
- Over 500 employeeslocated in nine officesaround the globe
Appen is part of a growing and exciting market. Visit our investor center to access our latest reports and presentations and to learn more about our company.
Appen offers flexible, work from home opportunities in more than 100 countries. Learn more about current opportunities.