Humanizing Chatbots to Improve Customer ExperienceThe notion that machines are taking away jobs from humans, isn’t applicable when it comes to chatbots. Chatbots are more the first line of defense in answering basic questions, freeing up time for human support on more complex scenarios. Where these chatbots really shine is repetitive basic questions. Questions are usually ones that are commonly asked by most customers and have the same answer. An example would be, “is breakfast included with a hotel room reservation?” They also provide ‘round-the-clock support, providing 24/7 responses to customer queries in a cost-effective way. As chatbots become more and more prevalent and take on more customer interactions, the goal is to make these chatbots as human-like as possible. To do that, chatbots must be trained on a high-quality dataset that consists of a diversity of customer personas and scenarios. The better the training data, the better the customer interactions and outcomes. Diverse quality data enables chatbots to communicate in the customers preferred language, which isn’t always possible when calling a business.
How Training Chatbots Improves Customer ExperienceBringing an AI-powered chatbot on board at your company can have several benefits for your customers as well as your company. Using a well-trained chatbot, can benefit your company by:
- Relieving call center agents of answering repetitive, entry-level questions and problems.
- Providing a consistent customer experience.
- Lowering average ticket response time with automated responses.
- Reducing wait time or “on hold” time for customers with basic questions.
- Offering 24/7 availability, providing customers in all time zones with prompt service.
- Reducing the cost of customer service with more efficient and cost-effective operations
- Collecting data that can be used to better understand customers, pain points, and brand experience.
- Communicating in multiple languages, to ensure proper relaying of information