Data Collection & Datasets
Our experience spans more than 20 years, delivering training data to the world's most innovative companies
Large Volumes of Reliable Training Data for Your AI Projects
We provide data collection services to improve machine learning at scale. As a global leader in our field, our clients benefit from our capability to quickly deliver large volumes of high-quality data across multiple data types, including image, video, speech, audio, and text for your specific AI program needs.
We provide several different data collection solutions and services to best suit your specific needs:
Data Collection Services
We provide data collection as a standalone service as well as part of a multi-component deliverable such as an ASR speech database that typically includes audio data, transcription, pronunciation lexicons, and language-specific documents. Our data collection services span a variety of data types (speech, text, image, video) and collection methodologies (crowdsourced, centralized, mass media) for a range of environments (studio, home, office, in-car, public spaces).
Key advantages of using us as your AI training data provider are:
- All AI training data is collected according to legal standards aligned with GDPR requirements
- Participants are fairly compensated for the data they provide in accordance with our Fair Pay policy
- An end-to-end managed service covering collection design, large-scale field operation, data QA, and annotation with over 20 years of deep expertise
- Truly global coverage of markets across all continents, in over 180 languages and dialects, with access to our curated crowd of over one million people
Off-the-Shelf Speech Datasets
Quickly expand your voice recognition products with licensable speech recognition databases and text corpora. Our high-quality licensable datasets include:
- Fully transcribed speech datasets for broadcast, call center, in-car, and telephony applications
- Pronunciation lexicons, both general and domain specific (e.g. names, places, natural numbers)
- POS-tagged lexicons and thesauri
- Text corpora annotated for morphological information and named entities
New off-the-shelf resources are being developed across all media (speech, image, video). You can also contact us to discuss creation of new licensable datasets upon request if the specification is broad enough to be of interest to other clients.
Open Source Datasets
Curated from the Appen platform, these free to download datasets are for the entire data science and machine learning community. The template used to annotate each dataset can be duplicated so you can expand them on the platform if needed. Inside each dataset, you’ll find the raw data, job design, description, instructions, and more.
Latest News and Resources
Appen Machine Learning FAQRead More
Allen Institute for AI Delivers Enhanced Research Experience to ScholarsRead More
Data AnnotationRead More
How to Reduce Bias in AIRead More
Appen’s Annual State of AI Report Finds Skyrocketing C-Suite Involvement, Surging InvestmentRead More