Using quality management systems to continuously improve transcription servicesOfficial record transcripts need to be accurate, timely, and in the right format. Finding a provider that is ISO 9001 certified is a good place to start, but how do you ensure you’re working with the best transcription provider, who don’t just deliver a consistently high standard but continuously improve too? Starting your search for the best transcription service provider should include verifying that they are ISO 9001 certified. ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard guaranteeing consistently high-quality goods or services. To become ISO 9001 certified, a supplier must show it has a robust quality management system in place.
Quality management systems for transcription servicesSo what is a quality management system? What is it designed to do, and what does it mean in practice when it comes to official record transcripts? A good quality management system has two main aims:
- First, it aims to make sure goods or services are the best they can be.
- Second, and arguably more importantly, it aims to ensure those goods or services progress and advance.
How Appen ensures you’re working with the best transcription providerFor the best transcription provider, high quality goes beyond just accuracy, as timeliness is also key. Appen uses two core Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance – aiming for at least 98% accuracy in every transcript and to meet customer deadlines 100% of the time. To make sure this happens, the company has put some specific measures in place including:
- clear, agreed quality objectives
- consistent, established working methods
- an effective performance management system
- robust training and development policies
- rigorous monitoring processes built in at every stage
- a strong quality audit system