The second session of our new series, Bound to Succeed: AI Tech Talk with Wilson Pang and guest, Pinterest.
Host, Appen Chief Technology Officer, Wilson Pang will be joined by Rui Li, Engineering Manager, Content Knowledge Team at Pinterest, to discuss content understanding and interest taxonomy and how successful implementation can benefit the end user.
Appen is the leader in Data for the AI Lifecycle. This webinar explores use cases and challenges that our mobility clients see from data sourcing, data preparation, and model evaluation.
Life customized to you, with little more effort than a click of a button. Thanks to AI, programs can be designed to recommend products or services and provide customized ads. To maintain relevance and cater to the changes in interest each user naturally experiences in life, these models need to be constantly updated. If the program no longer makes curated suggestions the user will have a negative experience and a customer is lost. The right AI program will constantly analyze each users’ interactions and create a customized experience that is entirely their own, thus creating a lifelong customer.
In this session we will:
- Understand the processing used to map pins to interests and where in the taxonomy ecosystem content belong
- Identify what exactly is content understanding and the aspects that comprise it
- Discuss what interest taxonomy is and how it benefits the everyday user
- Explore quality measures to separate good data from the bad
- Showcase the Pin2Interest System and how ML is improving the content classification used to create a world class recommendation system
- Learn how modern AI models, training schemes, training data acquisition techniques, or even product design can be reshaped to achieve more success in real-world applications.
Learn how modern AI models, training schemes, training data acquisition techniques, or even product design can be reshaped to achieve more success in real-world applications.